Property Management Services
Property management is the operation, control, and oversight of let property. Property and land has a need to be cared for, monitored and accounted for. Since the time of the Norman conquest, land has had the protection of the overlord and military. Since the 11th Century, landowners and tenants have worked together to maximise the productivity of the land and landowners would take an interest in the welfare of their tenants. L&R pride themselves on the effort and integrity of bringing the historical importance of looking after land into the 21st Century, achieving a balance between accountability for landlord’s investments and the comfort and enjoyment of a tenant’s home.
Duties of property management include:
- The full and proper screening or testing of an applicant’s credit, criminal history, rental history and ability to pay.
- Lease contracting or accepting rent using legal documents approved for the area in which the property is located.
- Mitigation and remediation regarding any maintenance issues, generally within a budget, with prior or conveyed consent via a Limited Power of Attorney legally agreed to by the property owner.
- Maintaining necessary records for tax and legal purposes.
- Client Account Procedures
- Repairs and Maintenance, Insurance & Consents
- Tenancy agreement obligations
- Extension, renewal and termination of tenancies
- Inventories and schedule of condition
- Dispute resolution